HR Generalist APPLY NOW
Zuria Dor is looking for an exceptional HR Officer to join the brand. Reporting to the CEO and Creative Director, the Generalist will administer duties, such as payroll, time sheets, benefits, and training. The Generalist will look over company policies and practices and suggest changes in line with changing best practices globally and locally. The Generalist may deploy new human resource policies and practices in consultation with the founders. Strong teamwork skills are needed, as the representative will have to work with founders and other staff members. The Generalist will determine and implement strategies for hiring quality personnel for white-collar and blue-collar positions. The Generalist must display professionalism and confidentiality due to the exposure to sensitive information. The Generalist will make sure that each employee is properly trained for his or her work and possesses the skills needed for the job. Other areas that the HR Generalist will oversee include conditions of employment, diversity, accessibility, negotiations with external agencies. The Generalist must have an excellent understanding of the company and the sector to find the right candidates for job openings. The Generalist will typically work in an office setting during regular business hours, although some overtime may be required from time to time.
This position reports to the CEO and Creative Director.
How you will contribute (but not limited to):
- Initiate effort to recruit new employees, which includes posting jobs, support applicant process, selecting resumes for further review, conducting background checks, and creating formal job offers.
- Responsible for salary administration, workforce analysis, attendance control, workspace administration and discipline assessment.
- Build a blue worker database and develop a mechanism to assist the company in expanding and contracting on workforce requirements in line with production demand.
- Update policies and procedures and to make sure all employees are notified of these changes via written memos. No updates will be communicated verbally.
- Process a wide variety of employee paperwork such as new hire paperwork including liaising with the bank to open employee accounts and sharing basic financial knowledge, new hire orientation, trainings, employee counselling and warnings, and employee termination paperwork.
- Be the point of contact for employees who need help with questions about payroll, benefits, or employment verifications.
- During audits, provide reports and records needed to investigate any incidents.
- Act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, regulations, workplace or workspace issues.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to performance evaluations, setting KPIs for different positions. Monitor and report monthly on staff employment, performance, training, pay, grievances, leave of absences.
- Aid management in understanding employment policies regarding hiring, firing, and behaviour requirements.
- Develop short term and long term plans for the company.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality and security of employee data.
- Ensure personal appearance and presentation is strictly in line with company standards.
- Adhere to Security and Health & Safety regulations.
- Experienced with at least 3 years working in HR
- Must have business and management skills
- Excellent organisation
- Knowledge of computers and payroll programs
- Possess excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Urdu
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
- Ability to initiate contact and communication
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
- Strong listener
- Problem solver with strong organisational and follow-up skills